Thread: Sandboxed banners

Default Sandboxed banners

I noticed that a leaderboard ad was causing some malicious-looking pages to show up (unfortunately i didn't take note of the url).
    Because of that, i put it in the footer using an iframe with the "sandbox" attribute, but in order to do that i had to put the code on a separate html file.
    Is this allowed?

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

No, because of point 6.3 in our terms of service you are not allowed to create a void HTML page with only a banner.

We always take care to keep clean our banners, but sometimes malicious campains can appear. Next time please report us the URL or at least a screenshot. Thanks!
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Thanks, i'll remove that iframe thing, also because it didn't do anything: today it re-happened, and i took the URL: Aggiornamento Java!

It tells me to update to java 7 u25, i have u45 installed so... Also, no java download site other than java.com or oracle.com is to be trusted.

Gianluca is offline Administrator

notonlylinuxoid:

please post the url of the page containing the banner in order to investigate.

NotOnly Linuxoid | Just Another Tech Playground any page in this site will do, i used a widget in the footer (i'm using wordpress). Obviously, this doesn't always happen as ads change randomly each time the page is loaded and campaigns change over time.

PS: Personally, i think you shouldn't allow any more than an image wrapped in an <a> tag to be loaded into the ad boxes.

PPS: The site is a work-in-progress at its beginning.

notonlylinuxoid:

than you for your post, we are investigating the issue.

Thank you for your help

EDIT: happened again, different URL, but the page looks the same: http://www.autopartswarehousei.com/I...11&s5=24345867
    Last edited by notonlylinuxoid; 01-05-2014 at 08:26 PM.

I did a quick and rough search, and it looks like this article could be related: javadaygood.com | CITTADINO IMPERFETTO
    Unfortunately that's in italian, but i think you should be able to read it .

Again another redirect, fake java update as always: Download Java for Your PC

notonlylinuxoid:

we sent a report to the advertising network serving the banner for your site, we are waiting for a feedback from them.