Thread: Mobile content behind compared to content of desktop site

Default Mobile content behind compared to content of desktop site

I have setup a website in december 2014 using AlterPages. Since the startup I have updated the content of the webpages and I have added more webpages on a very regular basis.

I did use a feature in AlterPages, which seems to have dissappeared in the AlterPages menu at the bottom of the editing screen, the feature had been located in the first dropdown menu called Pages button (left tot Themes button). This feature had the name Mobile ... something.

However, for about a week or so there seems to be a difference in content between the desktop site and the mobile site.

The desktop content is up to date. The mobile site content does not update to the most recent version.

The webpages, the HTML-files, can been looked up via Dashboard, Applications, File Management

The HTML-files in the parent-folder are updating fine.
    However, the same HTML-files in subfolder /mobile are not updating anymore since about 15-feb-2015.

(only if you open them to read the content the date will be changed, files that are not opened to read keep the same date)

Question What is the reason the content of the mobile site is not updating anymore?
    Is this a bug? Has something changed? Can this be easily fixed?

Regards,

Frank

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

The old mobile version will be replaced soon with new responsive themes, so it's normal that the old mobile pages aren't updated. However, if you visit the mobile version you should be automatically redirected to the desktop one. Which browser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by karl94 View Post
    The old mobile version will be replaced soon with new responsive themes, so it's normal that the old mobile pages aren't updated. However, if you visit the mobile version you should be automatically redirected to the desktop one. Which browser are you using?
    I visited my website on an Android Samsung phone and also on an iPhone. Both phones show a version of my site that is not updated since 15 feb 2015. The desktop version on a pc shows the latest updated version.

On an iPad it shows the latest version as well. I use Google Chrome 40.0.2214.115m

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

To solve you can delete the mobile folder and the .htaccess file on your web-space. This way it will be available only the desktop version, until the new AlterPages upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by karl94 View Post
    To solve you can delete the mobile folder and the .htaccess file on your web-space. This way it will be available only the desktop version, until the new AlterPages upgrade.
    Thanks for the answer and the advice !