Thread: Drupal 7 install?

Smile Drupal 7 install?

First I want to thank you for providing this no cost (to me) hosting service. It is terrific!

I am attempting a manual install of Drupal 7; actually a preconfigured distribution of Drupal 7. I am getting the memory error (below) and the installation crashes. I can then view the drupal interface, but cannot login because it didn't complete the install and store my password settings, create a homepage, etc.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8088366 bytes) in /membri/howisjames/drup/profiles/cms/modules/contrib/features/features.export.inc on line 606

Possible solutions I've found here but the two I've tried didn't work:
    https://www.drupal.org/node/207036

Perhaps this simply isn't possible on your server due to resource limitations. Please advise. Maybe I should try just the core Drupal 7 instead of the distribution? Your comments are appreciated. Kindest Regards, James

Gianluca is offline Administrator

First I want to thank you for providing this no cost (to me) hosting service. It is terrific!
    Glad to hear

It's quite strange since the default memory limit is already grater than 64MB, however you can put in your .htaccess file this:

php_value memory_limit 256M