Thread: altervista Custom Domain Allowed or not? how to Set custom domian??

Default altervista Custom Domain Allowed or not? how to Set custom domian??

Hello, Guys i just want to know if altervista allowed to use custom domain i mean my own domain like yourname.com if they allowed how to set nameservers or how i can set my custom domain to work with altervista site please help me i am thankful to you

filsil is offline AlterVista Staff

You can register your own domain, but you can only use it as a redirect to your altervista.org website.

it is not cleared to me can you explain this please??? i also want redirect to alter-vista but how i have purchased a domain now what to do next??

Default how can i change nameservers of my domain to redirect to AlterVista website??

Quote Originally Posted by filsil View Post
    You can register your own domain, but you can only use it as a redirect to your altervista.org website.
    Hi, i want to know about AlterVista.Org nameservers address to redirect my domain to your web hosting how can i do this? also tell me your web hosting total space which i can used for my altervista site how much space you provide to a single new account?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rahat View Post
    Hi, i want to know about AlterVista.Org nameservers address to redirect my domain to your web hosting how can i do this?
    No, you can't do that. The only way to redirect is to setup an HTTP redirect.
    Quote Originally Posted by rahat View Post
    also tell me your web hosting total space which i can used for my altervista site how much space you provide to a single new account?
    At this moment every account can have for free 3GB of web space, please read about our last upgrade here: http://news.altervista.org/what-you-need-its-given
    If you decide to open an AlterBlog however there is no limit.