Thread: Thumbnail Problems and CouchCMS

Default Thumbnail Problems and CouchCMS

Hello,

So I am currently building a site here on Altervista with CouchCMS. Currently, I am trying to implement thumbnails on my site, but it is not working. Over at the CouchCMS forums, I asked about this problem and this is the response I received from the creator of the CMS over there:

From what I could test, here is what seems to be happening -
    when a page is saved for the first time, the thumbnail gets created without any problem.
    Now whenever 'recreate thumbnail' is clicked to crop and create a revised version of the thumbnail, the new version does show up but as soon as you hit 'save' the refreshed page reverts back to the older version of the thumbnail.

This is happening because your web-host (Cloudflare?) is caching all images very aggressively.
    Although the thumbnail image gets replaced with newer versions, the host insists upon delivering the version it cached at the very first save.

I think this situation can be rectified for the admin-panel by appending the following lines to couch/config.php
    Code:
    if ( defined('K_ADMIN') ){
    // HTTP headers for no cache
    header( "Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT" );
    header( "Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT" );
    header( "Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate" );
    header( "Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false );
    header( "Pragma: no-cache" );
    }

However, I'm not sure how to tackle it on the front-end (i.e. I think, your site will still show the first version of the thumbnail only).

I suggest you talk to your host and ask for their suggested solution for this issue.

So I did. Right now.

I have been having this issue, and have been having this issue since before I enabled CloudFlare on my site. Have you guys any solution to this?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Did you try to empty CloudFlare's cache?