Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wordpress slow page load times, not being offered update to v4.7

Default Wordpress slow page load times, not being offered update to v4.7

Hi there,

I'm happy with your hosting service so far but have a few issues. Wordpress and the admin pages have very slow response times (1-2 seconds to load pages at least), and I'm not being offered the update to wordpress 4.7, which is an important feature and security update.

Could you help me fix these issues please?

Thanks,
    Hamish

Never mind - I'm being offered the update now! I still often have slow loads and intermittent downtime (usually for 3-10 minutes though, reported by jetpack), so I'm wondering what the issue with that is

andreaisi is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by errormania View Post
    Never mind - I'm being offered the update now! I still often have slow loads and intermittent downtime (usually for 3-10 minutes though, reported by jetpack), so I'm wondering what the issue with that is
    Maybe the problem is that you have too many plugins, or some of the ones I've installed slows down the loading of pages, check.
    Let me know.

Hi,

Thanks for replying! No, I don't really use any plugins :/

Hamish

andreaisi is offline Junior Member

Hi,

Thanks for replying! No, I don't really use any plugins :/

Hamish
    Then try installing W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

No: don't use such plugins. If you want to improve the loading speed you can activate the AlterVista cache (under Settings in the WordPress administration panel).

Hi, I was using the altervista cache before, and had the issues described above. Using WP Super Cache the site is much more responsive.

Hi, I was using the altervista cache before, and had the issues described above. Using WP Super Cache the site is much more responsive.
    That's very strange: AlterVista's cache uses an HTTP accelerator (Varnish), so it's much faster than any WordPress caching plugin.
    Could you try to disable the plugin and activate our cache again, so that we can check?

Sure, I've done that now. Says it will be enabled within 3 hours. When you've checked, can you let me know please?

Thanks,
    Hamish

It looks fast enough to me: ~100ms for the HTML documents it they are cache by Varnish, otherwise ~600ms.
    The other resources are usually cached by the browser so they add zero latency.
    Which loading times do you get? On which pages?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast