Thread: JetPack doesn't connect - Outbound HTTPS not working

CornwellCommunityChurch is offline Utente AlterBlog

Question JetPack doesn't connect - Outbound HTTPS not working

I've been having issues for a while now. In attempting to fix them, I disconnected my JetPack link. I've now fixed most of the issues by ensuring that XML-RPC is activated.

However I can not re-connect JetPack. It appears to go through the login and re-connection process OK, but when I return to the JetPack setup page (http://cornwellcommunitychurch.alter...page=jetpack#/) the error given is

Outbound HTTPS not working

Your site could not connect to WordPress.com via HTTPS. This could be due to any number of reasons, including faulty SSL certificates, misconfigured or missing SSL libraries, or network issues.
    Jetpack will re-test for HTTPS support once a day, but you can click here to try again immediately: Try again WordPress reports no SSL support
    For more help, try our connection debugger or troubleshooting tips.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    Stuart Poore (For Cornwell Community Church)

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

That HTTPS error message is wrong: Jetpack can connect using HTTPS without any problem, you can ignore it.
    Which issues do you get exactly?

Default It simply doesn't re-connect ...

Thanks for the response.

The issue is as simple as JetPack is not connecting

To explain ...

The JetPack page (http://cornwellcommunitychurch.alter...page=jetpack#/) continually offers the "Connect JetPack" button, with the message "Please connect to or create a WordPress.com account to start using Jetpack. This will enable powerful security, traffic, and customization services."

When I click through, everything appears to log in and connect OK, and I get to the "Your site is now connected! Now pick a plan that's right for you." message. I can even go onto pick a plan. However it still isn't really connected. When I return to the JetPack page, it offer the connection option again.

Further, none of the JetPack features are working. Examples include

* Jetpack widgets (such as Facebook Feed) have disappeared
    * Jetpack gallery embedded within page is not working (collection of images are shown, but do not scroll).

Finally, when I am on WordPress.Com, while it lists CornwellCommunityChurch.AlterVista.Org amongst the sites, it claims a Plugin Update is available. However when I try to resync, it gives me "Error fetching plugins on Cornwell Community Church."

I have two other small AlterVista sites all of which have JetPack, and all of which report the same "Outbound HTTPS not working" error. However, somehow the other two are still 'Connected' i.e. despite the error message, JetPack features appear to still work.

As I indicated, the CornwellCommunityChurch site was in a worse state (e.g. the Facebook social media link was broken), so only on this one did I actively Disconnect JetPack. However it is clearly not re-connecting. I have no wish to actively dis-connect JetPack from my other sites just to see if they will correctly re-connect.

XMLRPC is enabled on all three.

Can you help ?

Thanks,
    Stuart Poore
    for Cornwell Community Church

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Can you try again after disabling and reenabling the plugin?

Default Working !

Thank You !

Back on Saturday 18th, I tried that before raising the issue - even deleting & reinstalling the Plugin, all with no luck. But today, after deactivating & reactivating, it has re-connected first time.

I still get the "Outbound HTTPS not working .... WordPress reports no SSL support" message - but no matter, the JetPack features I wanted are working.

I don't know if you did something your end, or I did something different my end - but thank you.

Stuart Poore
    for Cornwell Community Church