Thread: Altervista plugin bug report, incompatible with WPBakery post excerpt query

davidecuni is offline Utente AlterBlog

Exclamation Altervista plugin bug report, incompatible with WPBakery post excerpt query

I'm using WPBakery to build my home page and I can't use the post excerpt query because of an error inside the altervista plugin.

Screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/cNEtzN8

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception: ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function AV_CPT_Recipe::filter_get_the_excerpt(), 1 passed in /membri/davidecuni/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 287 and exactly 2 expected in /membri/.dummy/master/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/altervista/classes/custom-post-type/class-av-cpt-recipe.php:449 Stack trace: #0 /membri/davidecuni/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): AV_CPT_Recipe->filter_get_the_excerpt('The Ortolana Om...') #1 /membri/davidecuni/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters('The Ortolana Om...', Array) #2 /membri/davidecuni/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/params/vc_grid_item/attributes.php(357): apply_filters('get_the_excerpt', 'The Ortolana Om...') #3 /membri/davidecuni/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): vc_gitem_template_attribute_post_excerpt('The Ortolana Om...', '') #4 /membri/davidecuni/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters('The Ortolana Om...', Array) #5 /membri/davidecuni/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/params/vc_grid_item in /membri/.dummy/master/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/altervista/classes/class-av-error-handler.php on line 212
    Seems like there is an argument which accepts an array of something, but I cannot investigate further since the altervista plugin can't be viewed or modified, I'm currently running the FRIDA theme and as for plugins only the latest version of WPBakery

I think the array should be optional because it seems the functions want to get the excerpt of the single recipe.
    Last edited by davidecuni; 12-03-2020 at 04:18 PM.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

WPBakery calls the "get_the_excerpt" filter with one argument, but from the 4.5.0 version, it's required 2 arguments.

You should explain that at the plugin developer, in order to fix this problem.

Bye!