Thread: Buy Domain, what to do next?

code4projects is offline Utente AlterBlog

Default Buy Domain, what to do next?

Hi,

I have the following website:
    https://code4projects.altervista.org/

Today I decided to buy the second level domain: www.code4projects.net but to my surprise, my blog is not reachable with this address because it is only a redirect. My understanding was that I can access my website directly with www.code4projects.net; but it seems I am wrong.

I noticed in my blog I cannot access the site URL in Settings->General because it is grey.

However, I cannot access any form of Panel to change my domain records. I don't know why but when I log in to Altervista I am redirected to the WordPress admin panel. In the past, I tried to convert my website to Altersite but I cannot do this.
    For this reason, I cannot submit any tickets.
    Someone can help with my problem?
    Last edited by code4projects; 03-02-2021 at 06:59 PM.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

I cannot access any form of Panel to change my domain records. I don't know why but when I log in to Altervista I am redirected to the WordPress admin panel. In the past, I tried to convert my website to Altersite but I cannot do this.
    In AlterBlog account there is no control panel. The user is just redirected to the wordpress admin panel.

Quote Originally Posted by code4projects View Post
    but to my surprise, my blog is not reachable with this address because it is only a redirect. My understanding was that I can access my website directly with www.code4projects.net; but it seems I am wrong.
    You can manage the second level domain from: Dashboard -> Domains, then set the second level domain as a main domain.

Bye!

code4projects is offline Utente AlterBlog

Hi,

Thank you. Solved