Thread: Altervista Cache vs Pagespeed

code4projects is offline Utente AlterBlog

Default Altervista Cache vs Pagespeed

Hi,

Yesterday I activated the domain www.code4projects.net and I contacted the support team for an issue. After a while, I received the solution to my problem but in the same email, they said to not use W3 Total Cache (that, however, was disabled at the moment in favor of WP-Optimize) and to activate Altervista Cache.

Now I do not know exactly what the Altervista cache does, I mean I imagine it works as a cache configured at the webserver level, but I do not know if it implements Page Cache, Browser Cache, Object Cache, minification, and stuff like that.

I did it and from a Pingdom Test point of view, I noticed a bit of improvement on home page speed load, however, from a PageSpeed point of view I didn't notice any improvements. At the desktop-level, things are even worse.

However, I would like to ask what do you suggest to improve the Page Speed score and have a page load time of less than 500 ms. I know images and themes have huge impacts and I can work on this but I would like to understand what are the best practices on Altervista with WordPress.

Thank you in advance for help.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Hello.

Try to disable CloudFlare and use only the "Altervista cache" (from the settings).

Bye!

code4projects is offline Utente AlterBlog

Alemoppo thank you for the answer.

I will try as soon as I can. CloudFare is, in theory, a CDN. Now I don't know where is physically my server, however since I noticed some visits from the USA, India, does it make sense to disable a CDN? Count it has negative impacts on content delivery performance?
    For the moment, I don't have huge traffic so I don't care too much, it's just my curiosity.

Now I know caching can be implemented at different levels. On the server (I don't know if Altervista uses Apache o NGinx) we can have page cache, DB cache (i.e. Redis), object cache, etc.

It's possible to know which web server uses Altervista and which type of caching does it use?

Then I have another doubt. CSS and Javascript minification it's another way to improve performance. Does Altervista do something about minification?
    Last edited by code4projects; 03-04-2021 at 03:06 PM.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Quote Originally Posted by code4projects View Post
    It's possible to know which web server uses Altervista and which type of caching does it use?
    AlterVista uses the most appropriate cache systems for the settings and characteristics of the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by code4projects View Post
    Then I have another doubt. CSS and Javascript minification it's another way to improve performance. Does Altervista do something about minification?
    Large css/js files, are already minified, as you can see for example here.

I'd like to know if the permission change that this plugin had made in "wp-content" have now been undone as I have uninstalled the plugin? Or should I revert it back manually?
    Please next time create a new thread. Regarding the question, I'll ask to the technicians.

Bye!