Thread: no FTP access

Unhappy no FTP access

I cannot connect to my AlterVista site by FTP using FileZilla. I tried deactivating and reactivating CloudFlare, but no change. FileZilla says: "Connection timed out. Could not connect to server."

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

Are you able to see your site? Is It only an FTP problem?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Unhappy Ftp

Quote Originally Posted by saitfainder View Post
    Are you able to see your site? Is It only an FTP problem?
    Yes. The site is online and I can upload and view files via the web browser. FileZilla and ports are fine as well, since I can FTP with FileZilla to other sites, just not AlterVista. When I turned CloudFlare off, the site was not viewable online, but did not change the inability to access by FTP. I have CloudFlare reactivated now.

Another issue that may or may not be unrelated is that WordPress still shows on the AlterVista Applications menu despite having deleted the WordPress files. (I initially installed it via AlterVista's automated installation and subsequently deleted the WordPress directory with AlterVista's File Management on the web browser.)

I just tried again and after several days of failed attempts, I was finally able to log in via FTP on FileZilla. I didn't change anything on the account, so not sure why. Hopefully issue is resolved now though.

I have the same problem. I can see my site, but FTP times out. Use to work perfectly then stopped My 26th.

Gianluca is offline Administrator

mysongsproject:

which hostname are you using to connect to your FTP service? Can you please post here the logs of your FTP client?

Gianluca,
    host
    Last edited by mysongsproject; 11-19-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Can you please post a traceroute to ftp.mysongsproject.altervista.org? Just open your ms-dos prompt and type:

tracert ftp.mysongsproject.altervista.org

Have you altro tried from a different location?

request timed out also on traceroute

different computer does same but never tried different network

I did FTP other sites and it works
    Last edited by mysongsproject; 06-03-2014 at 04:57 PM.

It appears to be a network issue related to Comcast, the provider you are using to connect to your website. You should contact their customer care and report this issue.

Before the issue is resolved you can upload your files using the uploader in AlterVista control panel, it also supports compressed archives.