Thread: Cannot reach (+39) 339 994 2899 number via SMS to complete identification procedure

Unhappy Cannot reach (+39) 339 994 2899 number via SMS to complete identification procedure

Hello, i'm trying to remove the server connection whitelist by completing the identification procedure by sending an SMS. (As instructed under php settings in the control panel.) However I just can't text this number and keep receiving "not delivered" messages.

I am using the United Kingdom based mobile network Vodafone and have correctly formatted the number with 00 in front of it in order to make an international SMS. Furthermore I have contacted Vodafone directly and confirmed my ability to make international texts. Their technical advisers concluded the issue must be Altervista's side.

So i'm left a little stuck , and would be grateful for any help or an alternative identification procedure.

Gianluca is offline Administrator

Can you post the phone number you are sending the sms from partially obfuscated ( +123 12345*****)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca View Post
    Can you post the phone number you are sending the sms from partially obfuscated ( +123 12345*****)?
    Thanks for the reply Gianluca, here you go:

+44 7989 1*****

Hello again,

Any update on this? I only want the whitelist removed in order to interface with a wiki within my alter vista domain, nothing sinister. If you can't identify the problem are there any alternative identification methods I can go through? For instance if I was to purchase a minor hosting upgrade would you be able to accept the valid payment details in your system as ID and manually remove my whitelist?

Gianluca is offline Administrator

Yes, we can go for it, please inform us once you have done it

balancingagent is offline Junior Member

I cannot reach either. I tried from 2 #s, 248-417-9*** and 213-716-8***. How would I purchase to prove identity? I need https because I am handling user logins.

I have the same problem right now. I have tried for two weeks now, several attempts from different numbers (and providers) and still can't get HTTPS enabled.

AGOostHol is offline Utente AlterBlog

I am also trying to enable the HTTPS for some time now, without any success...
    I don't get an error message that the delivery was unsuccessful but the activation code doesn't seem to come through.
    How can I enable the HTTPS?

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Please make sure that you are allowed to send SMS to Italian phone numbers.
    Could you please provide the phone number and the date and time you sent the message? Omit the last three digits.

Bye!
    Last edited by alemoppo; 05-18-2018 at 04:38 PM.