Thread: Accessing Cloudflare

fournobletruths is offline Junior Member

Default Accessing Cloudflare

Hi,

I got this message a few days ago:

"Cloudflare activation and FTP server address change
    Dear Webmaster,
    Cloudflare has been activated for your website for security reasons, you will receive another email with additional information about the Cloudflare service and its benefits. To access your web space with FTP you have to use this address:
    ftp.knowledgeshare.altervista.org" from AlterVista <nobody@sg.altervista.com>

What I did not get was any information regarding my password or how to access this facility! I have tried resetting through Cloudflare but I get nothing. Yes, my email is setup to include the email alias as instructed but no matter what I do I get nothing in return.

Can you help me please.

Update:
    ======

I rechecked my hotmail account and the alias is set up as "Send Only". I followed all their instructions to change it to a "Send and Receive" account but it won't let me do it without the POP server address. If I use their pop server address it says I can't do it.

This is really pissing me off because I have spent a lot of time trying to get it working but there is very little to no information regarding how to do it. Surely, I can't be the only one who has had this problem.

Please help!
    Last edited by fournobletruths; 08-20-2015 at 06:19 AM.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

The alias is only for sending, you should receive the mail from CloudFlare to get your password on the email address which is associated with your AlterVista account. Did you also check in the spam directory?

Yes, I checked my spam directory regularly and nothing appeared. I even set up contact details for Cloudflare as they suggested but still nothing. I don't know what else I can try.

Do you have any other suggestions?

The problem is resolved. It looks like it can take up to 48 hours for Hotmail to resolve the alias address.

So for those of you who use Hotmail: 1) Follow their instructions on how to set up the alias, 2) Be patient and wait. Im my case it took approx 48 hours for the address to be resolved. Send yourself a test msg to the alias every now and then. If you receive it then you are good to go, otherwise keep waiting.

Hope this helps some of you.