Thread: Index keeps getting wiped out

Exclamation Index keeps getting wiped out

Hi, everyone. My name is Snowy, and I've been having a problem with my website. index.html keeps getting replaced with a blank file. This issue causes me to lose work, and can be very troubling. Help is appreciated. Thank you.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

How do you change the content of that file?

I use FTP and a text editor.

Hi.. I'm going to add a bit of content to the page really quick. It'll probably disappear soon, though, I'll let you know what happens.

Edit: Okay, I'm so confused. I couldn't even save the file.. I tried using save as this time and it stuck. I just hope it won't get erased again.. I'll let you know of the results.

Edit 10: Okay, bit of an update. Saving as will erase the file and I have to try again until file size is above 0b. In the past, I've come to an erased website even if I haven't been tinkering. Thanks for helping me.
    Last edited by blws; 01-01-2016 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Update 10

This was answered on Thread: 'File index.html has not been saved. Check file permissions or those of its folder.'

When we start for the first time we don't have permission to edit index.html. You need to change the file permissions using an FTP client. I used FileZilla and then edited the file permission to value to 664.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Thanks, the issue should be fixed now.

Bye!