Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deathcrow

Thread: domain cloacking

Deathcrow is offline Junior Member

Angry domain cloacking

I purchased the domain FlamingGenius.org with the redirect and theres this cloaking option that has to be checked for it to stay as "flaminggenius.org" and i cant go to pages like flaminggenius.org/dir/index.php what kind of childish nonsense is this? I cant use GET in php cause of this and its making it a million times harder to code my website fix the issue or im done with this hosting service

I need to be able to go to my website FlamingGenius.org and click a link and be sent to FlamingGenius.org/link

I cant do this with the current set up FIX IT I dont want my users scrolling around deathcrow.altervista.org thats why I PAYED MONEY for a DOMAIN I expect is to work PROPERLY when I pay for something
    Karinfyt likes this.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

You bought a second level domain with redirect service, the domain won't replace the third level AlterVista domain, which is always the main domain of the website.
    AlterVista doesn't offer a second level domain with virtual hosting service. The cloak behaviour is correct, since it is only a frame.

Deathcrow is offline Junior Member

Okay so tell me how to get what I need out of the website or tell me its not possible so I can move to a different hosting provider

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

If you need the virtual hosting, you can use a different hosting provider. You'll just have to setup the domain you bought properly (ask the new provider the new settings).