Thread: Session expiring 15 minutes after starting to edit page

infobroker is offline Junior Member

Default Session expiring 15 minutes after starting to edit page

Hello,

Something appears to be wrong with the session timeout period. I was just editing a page for 15-20 minutes, tried to save it, and then received the session expired page. Another page I was editing for the same amount of time saved normally. I never had this problem before yesterday. Can someone look into this to see if there is a problem on that end? If it isn't on that end, does anybody have any idea why this keeps happening (and what I can do to prevent it)?

Thanks,

Bruce

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Did you open many windows in your browser?

Bye!
    Last edited by alemoppo; 04-05-2018 at 01:41 AM.

I usually have many tabs open. Why do you ask? Should that affect the session timeout period?

Bruce

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Having multiple tabs of the same website open might be giving some problems in your case.
    Anyway you should not keep a window open for a long time.

Bye!

But what if you want to copy some information from one page to another? I have a feeling that you are correct about the cause of the problem (since I didn't have it before I started opening a second tab). However, it seems like a flaw to not be able to edit a second page without closing the first page first.

I guess I'll just have to copy the page with my changes, lose them, log back in, and then paste my changes back (and then save them immediately). Seems a bit ridiculous, but it seems better than not be able to move things between the two pages.

Thanks for helping determine the cause of the problem,

Bruce