Thread: Website Active

dlfallen is offline Junior Member

Default Website Active

I received an email saying I haven't logged on to the control panel for two years and asking if my website is still active. What???

My website is very active. I frequently update or add to the files on my webpage, and I and others I know access the website on a regular basis. I am surprised Altervista cannot detect this.

I have not logged on to the control panel in the past because I have no use for it. I create my html files offline and upload them via FTP. It works really well for me.

OK, so I logged on to the Altervista web site as directed so that my account would not be removed. However, I saw I was using something called "Dashboard" rather than something called "Control Panel". Are these the same thing, or was I in the wrong place? I just want to be sure my account continues uninterrupted.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Sorry, these are the rules: https://en.altervista.org/regolamento.php#10.3

You should add a homepage to your site (a page index.html or index.htm or index.php).

Bye!

dlfallen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by alemoppo View Post
    Sorry, these are the rules: https://en.altervista.org/regolamento.php#10.3

You should add a homepage to your site (a page index.html or index.htm or index.php).

Bye!
    I will add an index.html to my site.

PLEASE answer these two questions:
    1. is "Control Panel" the same as "Dashboard"?
    2. am I in good standing now or am I in danger of losing my site?

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

1) The control panel is here (you can login to the AlterVista control panel using the login button on the "]homepage).

2) According to our conditions, the site can be archived but you can reactivate for the following 30 days.

Bye!