Thread: Connect domain and website

Default Connect domain and website

I registered at altervista and created my site.
    Then I bought in Altervista a domain. I expected the domain to be the pointing to my website at altervista, but unfortunately that is not what happens.

Do I need to change something? Or just wait a few hours?
    I made both things today, and after a few hours come in the domain the following info:
    "il dominio charatuga.com è stato registrato correttamente ed è attivo"

I do not know why it is in Italian but I think it says that my domain is correctly registered and active. So I would expect to see my website there...

Gianluca is offline Administrator

charatuga:

there are several features related to your domain name registration, looks like you have chosen the domain parking option.

In order to have the domanin redirect to charatuga.altervista.org yu should at least upgrade to "domain redirect" plan.

So you are telling me that i paid for an useless feature?
    I mean, i pay for a domain that i cannot control because there is no way to put there anything that i want.
    I paied to altervista put there a sentence in italian?!

Gianluca is offline Administrator

charatuga:

as regards the localization of the courtesy page the issue has been fixed, the language of the browser wasn't correctly detected.

As stated above you registered a domain with the "domain parking" option. Domain parking consists in the registration of a domain name with a courtesy page, if you need to redirect the domain to your website you should upgrade to "domain redirect" option that includes also DNS management.

However for inquiries regarding domain registrations please refer to domains [ at ] altervista.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca View Post
    charatuga:

as regards the localization of the courtesy page the issue has been fixed, the language of the browser wasn't correctly detected.

As stated above you registered a domain with the "domain parking" option. Domain parking consists in the registration of a domain name with a courtesy page, if you need to redirect the domain to your website you should upgrade to "domain redirect" option that includes also DNS management.

However for inquiries regarding domain registrations please refer to domains [ at ] altervista.com
    This is a bit ridiculous. This needs to be more clearly stated in the domain registration page.