Thread: Email sending temporarely blocked !!

Default Email sending temporarely blocked !!

Dear support,

First a little summary for explanation:

I have just created a small and simple website made of 3 pages, some php code and a digest.php script.
    The website is intended for no-profit at all, as a service to the international student network of my town to exchange useful information and news.

Page 1) the user can subscribe/unsubscribe to a mailinglist in a secure way (all the possible bot attacks and fake mail have been avoided). If the "submit" is sucsessful a confirmation mail sent to the user.

Page2) a correctly subscribed user can write a message that, if everything is fine, will be posted on Page 3.

I also have the possibility to cancel and bann every user or message if not behaving properly.

The "digest.php" script is supposed to be run at 0:00 of each day (I will activate the automatic script and buy more functionality) : it collects the last message of the previous day and send the summary daily digest to all the good members subscribed. Due to Altervista limitations of 3 mail every 2 seconds all is coded so that only 1 mail per second will be sent.

So far no user yet but I am planning to reach 1000 to 40000 soon (?). With a sending time of the digest of about 2-9 hours (from 0:00 to 8:30am).

NOW the problem:

altervista bloked my sending email functionality while I was sending emails (maybe only 50 in one entire day) to test website and script (just with one of my mails). Altervista thought that something wrong or spam was going on but everything is perfectly under control.
    Now I have reactivated the sending but it will take 24h and I can not risk in the future tha this happens again.
    Is it possible not to block my account anymore, FOREVER?
    How can I be sure?What shall I do?What can you do?
    If I will have to send a digest to 10000 people and I recieve the block and I have to wait 24h my website will be useless and problematc for the users.

Thanks for your support.
    kind regards

Fra

Gianluca is offline Administrator

Now I have reactivated the sending but it will take 24h and I can not risk in the future tha this happens again.
    Is it possible not to block my account anymore, FOREVER?
    How can I be sure?What shall I do?What can you do?
    If I will have to send a digest to 10000 people and I recieve the block and I have to wait 24h my website will be useless and problematc for the users.
    If the block occurred your website sent way much than 50 email, if your website will have to use intensively the email service you should adopt a dedicated service or use the AlterVista newsletter service.

Dear Ginaluca

thanks for your replay.
    Is there a way to send email adress saved in a text file to the integrated altervista newsletter?

thanks anyway

francesco

Gianluca is offline Administrator

Unfortunately the newsletter tool doesn't support data import, you can just collect subscribers via html form.