Thread: BCC email equivalent to one mail or not?

Default BCC email equivalent to one mail or not?

Dear support,

related to my previous thread I would like to ask a simple question.

In order to limit the number of mails delivered from my account on altervista server i decided to use once per day only one mail(..,..,..,$headers) php command specifing in the $headers variable = "BCC ... comma separated list of emails" the list of all the desired emails.
    This email will be considered as one mail (so the problem with the block of the sending functionality wll be solved) or not?Does Altervista tread it as one mail or multiple e-mail, sending them one by one (3 every seconds)?
    Or it will send only the first emails that fit the limitation of 3mail/esec and stop sending all the others?

I understood that the newsletter is better to manage more and more email but is there a way to interface a php script with the altervista newsletter. If I have email adresses in one txt file and the digest message in another, would it be possible to combine them and tell the altervista newsletter functionality to send the digest to all the desired emails in the txt file?

thanks again for your support

francesco

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

We know the Altervista newsletter service isn't that good and I will suggest you to try some external service to send your newsletter (something like MailChimp). They usually have a better users management and importing lists will be easy.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by saitfainder View Post
    We know the Altervista newsletter service isn't that good and I will suggest you to try some external service to send your newsletter (something like MailChimp). They usually have a better users management and importing lists will be easy.
    thanks for your reply.

Could you also give me the informationI was asking about the BCC option for sending emails? It is considered only one mail or multiple mail? Does it stop after 3mail/2second or not/

thanks

fra

It should work.

thanks,

it should work I suppose is referred to the 3mail/second limitation that will not stop the email in BCC.

But is a BCC email considered a single mail or not in term of the block on email sending after too many mails sent?

thanks again

fra

I already suggested you the right way to manage your newsletter.

Anyway, as you know, the limit is "3 emails every 2 seconds". You can try to put your recipes in the BCC field (or in the TO field) to workaround the limitation, it should work, but it will probably cause more emails to be flagged as spam and you will have no control about this.