Thread: Alias Mail Mngt. with Gmail

Default Alias Mail Mngt. with Gmail

Hi guys,

once you enable your alias mail and follow the instructions to get it active on your gmail account, have you ever encounter that pop-up window
    Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 20.28.55.jpg
    Error message: "Your other email provider is responding too slowly. Please try again later or contact the administrator of your other domain for further information"

If yes, please type me the solution

Thank you in advance!!

Gianluca is offline Administrator

AlterVista doesn't provide any smtp server, you should use gmail own smtp server

Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca View Post
    AlterVista doesn't provide any smtp server, you should use gmail own smtp server
    Ciao Gianluca,

thank you for your quick reply! I tried out to follow the same steps for activating the alias email but filling in the gmail smtp server information.

It does not work yet.

Could you help me further?

Gianluca is offline Administrator

Gmail recently changed its policies regarding smtp use not allowing anymore to use its smtp to send emails with email aliases, so Gmail isn't supported anymore (we will update our documentation).

however the Gmail support will be most likely readded in the future

Thank you very much Gianluca! Does it mean I can even withdraw my email alias?

filsil is offline AlterVista Staff

Your alias still works to receive emails, but currently you can't configure your gmail account to send emails with the alias address as sender.