Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Questions about switching to an AlterBlog

  1. #1
    rjdg14 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5

    Question Questions about switching to an AlterBlog

    I don't want to switch my website to an AlterBlog, yet I still feel curious over what happens if I was to do so. My main question is whether or not you could return from an AlterBlog to a classic FTP AlterSite once switched, in a similar manner to how you can go from an AlterSite to AlterBlog.

    In addition, on the switching page, would the user be able to switch to an AlterBlog if they were to remove their email address from the form when they had also selected both the tickboxes.

    For my final question, could the user switch back to an AlterSite by requesting account deletion and then recreate the domain a few days later, or can a domain (______.altervista.org) only be used once, even if now defunct?

    Please could someone help answer these three questions.
    Last edited by rjdg14; 11-04-2014 at 09:45 PM.

  2. #2
    eudemonico is offline AlterVista Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21

    Default

    By switching to Alterblog from Altersite you contents will be de deleted.
    Alterblog has unlimited web sources, you can run a WordPress blog with exclusive features developed by the Altervista WordPress Team.
    Altersite is a php hosting, FTP access and several features.
    If you want try different settings I can suggest you to open a test account, and to use your facebook account to sign in.

  3. #3
    rjdg14 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I'm aware that switching to an AlterBlog will erase any content stored on the system, and this will not be recoverable (unless the user backed it up), however can an AlterBlog be switched back to an FTP site using a "Switch to AlterSite" box, or is it a one-way method?

  4. #4
    filsil is offline AlterVista Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjdg14 View Post
    I don't want to switch my website to an AlterBlog, yet I still feel curious over what happens if I was to do so. My main question is whether or not you could return from an AlterBlog to a classic FTP AlterSite once switched, in a similar manner to how you can go from an AlterSite to AlterBlog.
    If you have an AlterBlog you can switch back to AlterSite when you want and without loosing any content.

    Quote Originally Posted by rjdg14 View Post
    In addition, on the switching page, would the user be able to switch to an AlterBlog if they were to remove their email address from the form when they had also selected both the tickboxes.
    On the switching page you have to provide an email to continue. This email will be set as the administator email in Wordpress.

    Quote Originally Posted by rjdg14 View Post
    For my final question, could the user switch back to an AlterSite by requesting account deletion and then recreate the domain a few days later, or can a domain (______.altervista.org) only be used once, even if now defunct?
    If a website is deleted or recorded for inactivity, it can be registered again as a new account.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO