Thread: Altervista banner prevent access to some tabs

Default Altervista banner prevent access to some tabs

Hello,
    When I put the altervista banner, I cannot open the last tabs on my scrolling lists why? Is there a solution -i do not want to redo my site, though

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Tabs? Scrolling list? Could you please provide the URL of the page that shows the problem? With the banner on it, otherwise it's we can't verify.

Here it is: http://imagesvoyagesimpressions.alte...org/index.html
    If you go to the "prints" tab, for example, and try to access one of the last options, you cannot (at least on my Surface tablet)

Ok, that's called drop-down menu, a tab is different.
    However, the culprit is the editor you used to create the website: it generates horrible broken code, especially for the drop-down menu.
    To fix this you can manually edit the file at the address http://imagesvoyagesimpressions.alte..._files/menu.js, search the string
    Code:
    xr_gy=0
    and replace it with
    Code:
    xr_gy=48

Thanks, but I cannot open the link you sent me (it ends with menu.js)

And I now have two other questions: 1) will you make the sites you host compatible with tablets and phones, or do I have to do it myself for my site and upload the new formats? 2) the googlesense banner I added on some pages (upload.html) using my editor does not seem to be recognized once I upload the file on altervista, can you tell me why, and what to do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imagesvoyagesimpressions View Post
    Thanks, but I cannot open the link you sent me (it ends with menu.js)
    It's a JavaScript file, you can use any text editor. You can also use the editor in the AlterVista control panel

And I now have two other questions: 1) will you make the sites you host compatible with tablets and phones, or do I have to do it myself for my site and upload the new formats?
    If you use a CMS such as AlterPages or WordPress it's all ready to work on mobile devices. You used an external application, so you have to rely on that for the mobile optimization.
    2) the googlesense banner I added on some pages (upload.html) using my editor does not seem to be recognized once I upload the file on altervista, can you tell me why, and what to do?

Thanks
    You may not insert a Google AdSense banner like that, it's against the terms of service.

You may only use the banner AlterVista provides you, you can find the codes in the AlterVista control panel.
    There's also the AlterVista with Google AdSense circuit, you may use that if you want to insert Google AdSense banners.
    http://en.altervista.org/earn-with-altervista.php