Thread: Problem with the PHP function mail()

Unhappy Problem with the PHP function mail()

The function mail stopped working recently on my webpage. I have created a new one, but I have problems also. What's the problem?

Gianluca is offline Administrator

Can you try to upload this test script to your webspace and tell us which email address (even partially obfuscated i.e. abc***@domain.tld) are you trying to send an email to?

I'm having the same issue too. I have a contact page that calls a separate php file to process the email and send it to my personal email. No errors in the php and it says email has sent. Just in case I took another version of a contact page from a site I have working fine on 1&1 hosting and it's also not working on Altervista. Email says it's sent and then nothing shows up in my email inbox.

Does this have something to do with the email blocking post?
    http://forum.en.altervista.org/servi...y-blocked.html
    Last edited by clinttuttle; 03-02-2015 at 02:31 AM.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Did you check the junk folder? Did you try to send to another address?

This is really odd but it is working now. I was checking the junk folder and it wasn't there but when I drug my files to my other host (1&1) it worked fine. Just for grins I tested it again and it's working now. I sent an email from my site and it showed up instantly! Oh well. No issues now.

javelin is offline Junior Member

I'm having no such luck. I've only recently created my account, copied my site from my ISP members area (which was working fine) and now I have no emails being generated.

Like clinttuttle experienced, the php script is working fine and it confirms the mail has been sent, but nothing arrives to my inbox.