Thread: Buy Domain Help !

Unhappy Buy Domain Help !

I like to buy domain in altervista but they sayin that its unusefull cause if i buy "example.net" it will redirect the user to the old link > "example.altervista.org" Really ?? how to make my own domain ??

witch one i gonna choose ?? | Domain Parking | Redirect | Alias Mail | witch one i gonna choose ? to make my Own domain without / example.altervista.org

ASAP

(Sorry For my bad english)

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Quote Originally Posted by pirategame View Post
    I like to buy domain in altervista but they sayin that its unusefull cause if i buy "example.net" it will redirect the user to the old link > "example.altervista.org" Really ?? how to make my own domain ??
    That's right, the service offered with a second level domain is an HTTP redirect. However, the domain is yours and if you buy the second or third option you can also manage the DNS records. You cant directly point the DNS records to an AlterVista webspace, it is only directly reachable through the AlterVista domain.

radiographershideout is offline Junior Member

Default Domain confusion

Quote Originally Posted by karl94 View Post
    That's right, the service offered with a second level domain is an HTTP redirect. However, the domain is yours and if you buy the second or third option you can also manage the DNS records. You cant directly point the DNS records to an AlterVista webspace, it is only directly reachable through the AlterVista domain.
    Hi Altervista,
    I too am in a simular position as karl 94. I had assumed that my account example.altervista.org would change to whatever domain i had bought.

My account name is radiographershideout.altervista.org but have purchased simulationradiography.com and I paid the 4.55 euro+tax package.

I would like that whenever someone goes to simulationradiography.com that they do not actually see any mention of the radiographershideout.altervista.org account. For example; I have developed radiographershideout.altervista.org/page1 and radiographershideout.altervista.org/page2

I would like it to display as simulationradiography.com/page1 ... simulationradiography.com/page2 ... etc.

Is this possible? If so, how do I go about it?

In addition, is it possible to change my account name to simulationradiography?

In the future, is it possible that could I transfer simulationradiography.com to another webhosting provider.

Kind Regards
    Chris

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Quote Originally Posted by radiographershideout View Post
    I would like that whenever someone goes to simulationradiography.com that they do not actually see any mention of the radiographershideout.altervista.org account.
    You can't delete the AlterVista domain, since it is the only directly connected to the webspace.
    For example; I have developed radiographershideout.altervista.org/page1 and radiographershideout.altervista.org/page2

I would like it to display as simulationradiography.com/page1 ... simulationradiography.com/page2 ... etc.

Is this possible? If so, how do I go about it?
    It is possible by using some JavaScript, there is a guide on our Italian forum.
    In addition, is it possible to change my account name to simulationradiography?
    No, it isn't possible.
    In the future, is it possible that could I transfer simulationradiography.com to another webhosting provider.
    You can transfer the domain at any moment.