Thread: HTTPS from US

learningengineer is offline Junior Member

Default HTTPS from US

I attempted to activate https; however, it doesn't seem to work. It says I need to pay for it, but I don't see anywhere where I can pay. I can upgrade storage space and bandwidth and that is all. Please explain how to get https service up from the US.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

You need to follow the identification procedure first, to start the procedure use the button on that page.

I tried it, and I didn't get a response after the text with the code was sent. What should happen after the text message is sent from my phone?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Could you please provide the phone number you used to send the message? Omit the last three digits.

Here is the partial phone number you asked for: 608-302-2

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

Sorry, but we didn't received any message from that number. Are you sending it from your cellphone or from a web service?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

I am sending it from a gophone in the US. Is there a possible work around? If not, I will have to move to another site.

Our policy require the fulfillment of the identification procedure, otherwise we cannot proceed.

Anyway, what service are you trying to use from your site? Maybe we can add it to the whitelist.

Your policy clearly has a flaw, and it is somewhat ironic that your policy is preventing a monetary transaction. Is it your policy to not sell services? Wouldn't making a payment, which I have already done confirm my identity?

We will not sell services if it breaks our security policy, so if we cannot receive a SMS from you we cannot activate HTTPS for you. Sorry.

In fact our HTTPS service is not a core service and has also some limitations as the use of a different domain for HTTPS. If you think it's a requirement for your site I have to suggest you to consider other hosting solutions. This will change probably in some months, but currently this is how things are.

And in my last post the second sentence was referred to the server-to-server connections, but that's not your case, so ignore it.