Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By karl94

Thread: Buy domain will change adress automaticly ?

Default Buy domain will change adress automaticly ?

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad english I'm French.

I'd like to buy domain, to change www.araziz.altervista.org en www.araziz.com but I have a forum like that www.araziz.altervista.org/forum and I want to know if it will change automaticly in www.araziz.com for my website and if it will change www.araziz.com/forum for the forum.

So it will change all automaticly or I will need to do modifications ?

Thanks

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

No, the new second level domain will not replace your third level Altervista domain. You can use it for redirect users to your Altervista domain or use the cloak feature to mask the domain, but your contents will still be on the old domain.

So there is no need to edit the configurations of installed applications.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

I'm sorry I didn't understand all of what you said, but if I buy domain, I will can change in www.mydomainname.com easily ?
    Sorry for my bad english

If I buy the offer "Domain Parking" (4.55€) I will be able to change or mask the altervista in the adress of my website without edit the configuration of installed applications ?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

No, the domain parking option is useful only to take the domain, before someone else buys it. You won't however be able to use it, to get the redirection service you need to buy at least the second option.
    Araziz likes this.