Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By karl94

Thread: Use domain as primary one?

anonmsg is offline Junior Member

Default Use domain as primary one?

Hello!

I bought a domain today and i didnt know that its only redirecting to my site.altervista.org
    Is there ANY way i can use my bought .net domain as primary domain? Using a different hoster, is also okay. Can i point the domain to another hoster?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

The AlterVista web space is only directly associated to the AlterVista third level domain, however you can change the DRS records of the second level domain you bought from the AlterVista control panel, so if you want you could use it with a different web hosting provider (if it allows direct DNS pointing, or in other words, allows you to change the virtual host).

Thank you karl94!
    What does i need to change for this? Hostnames (A)? But there is still "Redirect" setting i cant delete. Sorry im nub

A way is to change the A record, but it depends. You should check your hosting documentation.
    anonmsg likes this.

Thank you, sir!

Hello again!
    I want to use the cloudflare service, therefore i need to change nameserver.
    I already messaged to "domini@altervista.it" ("domain@altervista.com " didnt work).
    But it doesnt seems like they are answering / doing it.
    Did i send the messsage to the wrong email?

The email address is correct, could you please try to send the mail again?

So what do i stil need to do? I try to get the nameservers changed since more than 10 days now :/
    I send 2 emails to domain@altervista.com (which still DOESNT work) and 2 emails to domini@altervista.it

Please, i need them changed, im getting DDOSed and need to enable cloudflare...

dapeco is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by anonmsg View Post
    So what do i stil need to do? I try to get the nameservers changed since more than 10 days now :/
    I send 2 emails to domain@altervista.com (which still DOESNT work) and 2 emails to domini@altervista.it

Please, i need them changed, im getting DDOSed and need to enable cloudflare...
    You need to be authorized to request that change. So our team have reply to Registrant Email address. If you have changed it send a request again to domini[AT]altervista[DOT]it
    Last edited by karl94; 04-05-2016 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo