Thread: Trouble sending SMS to set up HTTPS

MapTheWorld is offline Junior Member

Default Trouble sending SMS to set up HTTPS

I'm using an iphone to send the SMS to the number posted on the HTTPS activation page - but it continues to be returned as a bad number. Either I'm doing something wrong with the number 393399943299 - or that is an incorrect number. I enter it just like that with a + in front.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Are you allowed to send SMS to Italy? That is an Italian mobile phone number, and it's currently working.

I have no idea if I am allowed or not. That is a good question. I'll need to check. But I am getting a reply saying it is an invalid number. So my thought is maybe I am entering it incorrectly.

Yes, international services was turned off. Good catch.

I now have international texting, sent the AV code via SMS and it didn't return as it did before - does it take a day or more for https to be activated?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Are you trying to activate it on the account MapTheWorld? The identification procedure should take a few minutes, it doesn't look like it was completed properly on your account.

Yes I am. Thank you for replying - turns out my mobile service incorrectly informed me of the international sms working. But I see it is now working and the https is currently in progress.