Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to convert Altersite to AlterBlog without losing the contents?

Default How to convert Altersite to AlterBlog without losing the contents?

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my Altersite (contains only a blog with wordpress), to an Alterblog so I can benefit from the unlimited storage and so on.

It seems I'll lose all my content doing this though! How can I do this without losing my content?

Hamish

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

You can't. You can however export all your contents before, convert the account and then reimport everything.

Thanks

Done, now how can I enable HTTPS support so I can use Jetpack?

Thanks,
    Hamish

You don't need HTTPS in order to use JetPack.

Oh! Don't I? Could you then tell me how to connect Jetpack to wordpress.com? Also, I'd like to have HTTPS anyway, so could you tell me how to enable it anyway?

Hamish

Quote Originally Posted by errormania View Post
    Oh! Don't I? Could you then tell me how to connect Jetpack to wordpress.com?
    Just install the plugin and enable XML-RPC in WordPress' global settings.
    You might get an error about outbound HTTPS connections not working from Jetpack, you can ignore that: it works correctly and the connections are in HTTPS.
    Also, I'd like to have HTTPS anyway, so could you tell me how to enable it anyway?
    Unfortunately at the moment you can enable HTTPS for your website only if you have an Hosting account.

Hi,

Okay I have done that. The connection seems to fail at the end, dropping me back on my site with the HTTPS not supported error message, thought the wordpress.com part seems to work okay. Then it prompts me to connect again, and I can't set any options...

Also, from the iOS app for wordpress, I can connect and view stats, but not eg publish posts.

Am I doing something wrong here, I'm happy to provide screenshots and stuff if that will help ��
    Last edited by errormania; 02-09-2017 at 05:35 PM.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue. What happens exactly when you try to connect Jetpack?
    Also, from the iOS app for wordpress, I can connect and view stats, but not eg publish posts.
    Why don't you use the browser instead?

Hi.

I was just going to upload some screenshots of the process, because as they say, a picture can be worth a thousand words, but I'm not sure how to do that here...

Fair point, but I would like the other JetPack features like downtime monitoring and I'm just the kind of guy who likes lots of apps XD

How can I send you some screenshots?

Hamish

I was just going to upload some screenshots of the process, because as they say, a picture can be worth a thousand words, but I'm not sure how to do that here..
    Just upload the image on WordPress and post here the URL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast