Thread: Problem with domain!

urbannews is offline Junior Member

Question Problem with domain!

Hi. I've recently registered the domain urbannews.info but it just redirects to my website urbannews.altervista.org i want it not to redirect to the subdomain.
    If not possible could you please tell me if i can host my domain on my server, exactly if i can use my personal nameservers. like ns1.myserver.com?
    PS. Price for .info it's somewere else only 4$ instead of minimum of 7euros.
    I also want to say that i've purchased the dns management at 9 euros (11Euros plus VAT)

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

We don't provide a virtualhost service, so users accessing your domain will simply redirected to your Altervista third level domain. You can mask this behaviour using the "cloak" feature.

Using the DNS management you can point your domain wherever you want, by using the A and CNAME records, but you cannot change the domain's DNS server.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

urbannews is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by saitfainder View Post
    We don't provide a virtualhost service, so users accessing your domain will simply redirected to your Altervista third level domain. You can mask this behaviour using the "cloak" feature.

Using the DNS management you can point your domain wherever you want, by using the A and CNAME records, but you cannot change the domain's DNS server.
    Well then, can i please get a refund? and the domain deleted?
    I want it to have a dns manager.
    It's no use to me for it to be a simple redirect.
    I will lose all my clients.