Thread: How to get php or html file I created onto my webpage?

familytreeview is offline Junior Member

Default How to get php or html file I created onto my webpage?

I am completely new to this and this is my first website. The goal is to try and get a family tree on a website for family to view.

I have these folders on my local C: but do not know how to get them onto my webpage, any help? Please explain in 101 because I am clueless as to how this works or if it is even possible.

I created the HTML and php files using some gedcom2web software I just don't know how to actually get it uploaded and on the website.

filsil is offline AlterVista Staff

You can upload your files using FTP or the File management section of your website control panel, but if you have a lot of files maybe the best choice is FTP. To use FTP you have to download and install a client like Filezilla.

familytreeview is offline Junior Member

I've done that but how do I get it to run on my website? When I go into file management I can see my compressed/zipped folder with all of my html files and images but I do not know how to get it to run on my site page.

For example, when I click on one of my .htm files inside of the folder while in my local C: it opens up in my web browser.

filsil is offline AlterVista Staff

You have to upload in your web space all the html files with any related image, script and style sheet.
    If you want to upload a compressed file and extract the files in it, you have to use the "Compressed archives uploader". You can find the link on the upload page of your website control panel. Otherwise you have to upload any single file uncompressed (with the file manager or FTP).