Thread: Unable to Unlock Whitelist :(

huluganfantasy is offline Junior Member

Default Unable to Unlock Whitelist -- SOLVED :)

I sent an SMS twice (on Dec 21 and again on Dec/24) from (917)688-...
    I sent the messages to +39 339 994 2899, and 011 39 339 994 2899.
    Last edited by huluganfantasy; 04-14-2017 at 06:07 AM.

same issue with me how i can contact admin to resolve this issue all balance cut but Api not turned on help me

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Unfortunately we can't unlock the whitelist unless we receive the SMS. Please check that your mobile operator allows sending SMS to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by karl94 View Post
    Unfortunately we can't unlock the whitelist unless we receive the SMS. Please check that your mobile operator allows sending SMS to Italy.

I have sent the SMS again this past weekend, Karl, from two different phones. I also spoke to my service provider, and they allow texting to Italy. So far I have sent texts from THREE different phones. Is it possible that your system has compatibility issues with North American (United States) wireless systems? How can this be resolved?

I need to access data from four specific sports sites, and when I run my script I get this error:
    Code:
    HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden

For anyone else experiencing this problem: the underlying issue is system incompatibility. Altevista's carrier TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile) uses GSM (Global System for Mobiles)technology for SMS. EU rules make GSM a mandatory standard, but obviously other countries vary. For example, most large carriers in North America use CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) technology. SMS messages between the two systems are incompatible. No error message is returned, so your carrier's SMS gateway will report a successful delivery. Your carrier will blame Altervista, and Altervista will blame your carrier. The only solution is to send your SMS from a compatible carrier. In the United States, "AT&T" uses GMS. An SMS sent from an AT&T phone to Altervista went through instantaneously. So if you're having a problem, try sending from a GMS carrier.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

Well, no, it doesn't work that way.
    CDMA is not a protocol, only a technique used by many radio protocols (GPS for instance uses CDMA, but it doesn't have anything to do with GSM). Also, once you send the SMS this is received from the tower your phone is connected to, and from that point it might travel through many different protocols and channels (radio, satellite, optic fiber) in order to reach its destination. If this doesn't happen it's usually a problem between the mobile operators, not a problem of the protocol used by the phone to send the SMS.
    Who told you such things?

Quote Originally Posted by karl94 View Post
    Well, no, it doesn't work that way.
    CDMA is not a protocol, only a technique used by many radio protocols (GPS for instance uses CDMA, but it doesn't have anything to do with GSM). Also, once you send the SMS this is received from the tower your phone is connected to, and from that point it might travel through many different protocols and channels (radio, satellite, optic fiber) in order to reach its destination. If this doesn't happen it's usually a problem between the mobile operators, not a problem of the protocol used by the phone to send the SMS.
    Who told you such things?
    1. Who told me such things: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=CDMA+vs+GSM

2. I also called the technical department of my carrier, and they confirmed that they use CDMA, not GSM.

3. I tried sending the code from different US-based carriers, and the ONLY one which worked was a GSM carrier (AT&T).

4. I also came across multiple accounts of other US based people experiencing problems TEXTING between North American CDMA and GSM phones in various European countries. They too were able to solve the problem by using a US based GSM carrier.

I appreciate your effort to help with this issue, Karl, but ultimately you didn't offer any solution. The only thing that worked for me was switching to a carrier who used GSM. No US-based CDMA carrier worked.
    Last edited by huluganfantasy; 06-21-2017 at 02:50 AM.