Thread: Fullwidth automatic slideshow

rigidbody is offline Utente AlterBlog

Exclamation Fullwidth automatic slideshow

Hi all, since i opened my blog on altervista i was attempting to create a fullwidth site with a slideshow on every page and responsive fullwidth sections inspired by the blizzard website www.blizzard.com

so i installed the wonderfull DIVI theme which allowed me to create it in an excellent way but… after the new update to WordPress 5.0 the divi theme installed on altervista seems to be incompatible with WordPress. this caused me a ton of problems. the biggest one is that galleries of images are not working well on divi.

so i decided to switch to another theme and use the preinstalled version of Gutenberg+jetpack.

and here, another problem. it seems altervista is not communicating well with WordPress so, i suppose, not all the features i need are listed in settings. to be more specific the "carousel" and "slideshow" options do not exist on my version of jetpack so they cannot be setted when I create a gallery.

another problem is that not all the themes are compatible with "fullwidth" images. I only found the theme "lodstar" working so far.

In the end I'm stuck here with a not working website. Maybe I could use some compatible tolls/themes which can help me.
    Can anyone give me some tips or show me any kind of tutorial in order to have the correct tools to build my website?

Thanks.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rigidbody View Post
    and here, another problem. it seems altervista is not communicating well with WordPress so, i suppose
    Try to unlock the whitelist (Settings->Server To Server).

do not exist on my version of jetpack so they cannot be setted when I create a gallery.
    jetpack is a heavy plugin and is discouraged: you should use lighter plugins for individual operations.

However, there are many other themes to add ("add new" -> Feature Filter).

Bye!

Try to unlock the whitelist (Settings->Server To Server).
    ciao, sono sempre io
    non sono ben sicuro dell'utilità di una connessione altervista/WordPress. inoltre avevo già un account WP che altervista (o meglio jetpack)
    usava in automatico per connettersi a WP ma ora l'ho chiuso per vedere cosa succede. forse dovrei registrarmi su WP con le credenziali di altervista? o la connessione viene fatta da voi in automatico? cmq non credo che la cosa migliore sia avere l'aggiornamento di DIVI. sai per caso quando sarà disponibile?
    jetpack is a heavy plugin and is discouraged: you should use lighter plugins for individual operations.
    However, there are many other themes to add ("add new" -> Feature Filter).
    sai consigliarmi un plugin per le fullwidth sliders? e un tema che le supporti? ne ho provati veramente tanti, credimi ma non trovo quello giusto

non sono ben sicuro dell'utilità di una connessione altervista/WordPress
    Nemmeno io non so a cosa possa servire, se non ti serve ti sconsiglierei di farlo.

cmq non credo che la cosa migliore sia avere l'aggiornamento di DIVI. sai per caso quando sarà disponibile?
    No, non so darti tempistiche, ma in generale gli aggiornamenti avvengono con ritardo rispetto alla versione ufficiale perché su AlterVista vengono modificati per poter integrare al meglio gli strumenti aggiunti (es. pilota automatico).

sai consigliarmi un plugin per le fullwidth sliders? e un tema che le supporti? ne ho provati veramente tanti, credimi ma non trovo quello giusto
    Purtroppo no, mi dispiace.

p.s: il forum italiano è qui.

Ciao!

ok grazie spriamo bene. nel caso l'aggiornamento di Divi venisse implementato come faccio a saperlo?

Arriverà come aggiornamento sul pannello amministrativo.

Se hai problemi con Divi, puoi provare a utilizzarlo con il vecchio editor? Da "Utenti->Il tuo profilo" prova impostando "Abilita l'editor classico".

If you have problems with Divi, can you try using it with the old editor? From "Users-> Your profile" try by setting "Enable classic editor".

Bye!