Thread: Broken Site - Cannot access wp-admin or restore function

techbuisness is offline Utente Blog

Default Broken Site - Cannot access wp-admin or restore function

Hello.

I just installed a new plugin on my site https://techbuisness.altervista.org/

This is broken my ability to access wp-admin but the site itself still loads.

ERROR MESSAGE WHEN ACCESSING/LOGGING INTO WP-ADMIN

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

ENDS

I am not getting the email to enter recovery mode with token.

Also, I have run a restore from managewp.com/ but I am still getting the error. I believe that I am still getting this error after the restore because it's absolutely impossible to now purge the site cache from your severs as there is no other way to access the backend functions for restoring sites unless you are in wp-admin area.

The other way to fix the problem would have been to just deactivate the plugin via backend by renaming, But I dont have access to do that. My problem is. I am now having issues with remembering the name of the plugin so I cant ask you to manually deactivate for me. I hoping you might have some logs and you can see the plugin I just installed. It has something to do with GEO IP Login Security.

Oh, I also purged my BunnyCDN cache but this did work after completing the external site restore. So I am guessing local cache is still stale and needs to be purged.

Can you please look into this for me.

I have currently completed a restore from yesterday's date using managewp.com restore function, Can you please purge all the caches to see if it will now resolve the problem and let me in (You wont see the plugin I installed because currently restored back to yesterday date using managewp.com (But you might see it if the restore is not working. If this is the case can you please try to deactivate that GEO IP Login Security plugin for me.

If none of this works. Can you please use my latest restore data in your system - I cannot access it because wp-admin not working

Thanks
    Last edited by techbuisness; 10-27-2023 at 01:27 AM.

techbuisness is offline Utente Blog

Cancel this.

I found a way to deactivat the plugin via wpmanage

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

I suggest you to do not use any cache on your site. At least you can activate the cache in "settings".
    Use as few plugins as possible.

Bye!