Thread: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS problem

ponybrigade is offline Utente AlterBlog

Unhappy ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS problem

Hi! Many of my websites (AlterSite) users have been reporting a ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error when trying to access it. For me and several others it has been working fine until a few days ago when I got the same error when trying to view the website (using newest version of GC). Just completely purging the browser cache and cookies didn't help, still the same error popped up.

After that did a .htaccess reset and updated Wordpress to the newest version (+ WP database) and the site started to work for me, but then the same error (ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS) popped up again, I did a browser cache/cookie purge and the site worked again for awhile. The error seems to come back from time to time and it's getting really annoying having to purge cache and cookies all the time to be able to access the website or certain pages on it.

It seems to be working fine for some people and not at all for some. The error pops up again if you update the page you're on. So some kind of a cache problem.

Is there a solution to this? Thank you and please help Altervista has been working like a dream for the last five years and these problems started this year.

EDIT -- I know of two other AlterSite websites that have this same problem too.
    Last edited by ponybrigade; 11-09-2022 at 06:33 PM.

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Hello!
    Did you have CloudFlare enable? If yes, could you please try to disable it?
    AlterVista has disabled the enabling of CloudFlare some months ago, so you'll not able to re-activate CloudFlare.
    Did you need CloudFlare for someting?

Bye!

ponybrigade is offline Utente AlterBlog

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly! Yes, Cloudflare was enabled (and no, I didn't need it for anything), I've now disabled it. Let's see if that fixes the redirect loop problem