Thread: FTPed files do not show on web

nicolesharp is offline Junior Member

Angry FTPed files do not show on web

Files I've added via FTP on FileZilla show as having been successfully uploaded in the FileZilla FTP manager but do not show on the web browser or on the AlterSite File Management web tool. I've checked the FTP connection using Telnet and everything seems to be ok; "telnet ftp.nicolesharp.altervista.org 21" shows that two users are logged in (FileZilla Client and Telnet Client). I'm using Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit.

Is there something wrong with FTP access to the webspace? I am not out of memory from the free account, with 370 MB left, and am FTPing much less than that. FileZilla was working fine previously, but I haven't been able to successfully FTP for the last week or so.

Gianluca is offline Administrator

nicolesharp:

your website has cloudflare enabled, cloudflare caches your contents, you can flush the cache here: AlterSite->cloudflare

Question CloudFlare

I did the CloudFlare purge but no change, the files still show as uploaded in the FileZilla FTP manager but do not display in the AlterVista File Management web tool or via the web browser. I do not have a CloudFlare account.

I clicked to disable CloudFlare services, which says can take 24 hours. Do I need CloudFlare for a small personal website?

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

If you successfully uploaded a file via FTP and don't see it with the file manager then there is something wrong, but nobody else reported such an problem so far.

What's the file name we are talking about? And in which folder did you uploaded it?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Cool CloudFlare disabled

It looks like disabling CloudFlare fixed the problem. The files I had FTPed with FileZilla disappeared from the FileZilla directory after disabling CloudFlare. I re-uploaded the files with FileZilla and they show up fine in the web browser and with the File Management web tool now.
    Last edited by nicolesharp; 06-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.