Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to add new tabs/buttons to my blog's top navigation

ultravista is offline Utente AlterBlog

Default How to add new items to my blog's top navigation

I'm new to Alter and have just started a WP blog on Altervista. I've got some pre-loaded themes none of which allow me to have more top navigation buttons. There's just the default Home button/tab where I have to post all my articles there. What if I'm going to add posts under different topics? How can I have more than just one Home button on my navigation bar?
    Last edited by ultravista; 11-10-2015 at 10:44 AM.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

You can change the main menu from the menu page on the WordPress admin panel.

I had tried that several times, but my WP panel says: "Your theme supports one menu. Select which menu you would like to use."

Choose a menu to edit, then below you'll be able to add and remove the entries.

Thank you, but I don't know why I think your answers seem irrelevant to my query. Maybe they are short and not detailed enough.

I want to add more navigation menu items such as "About" and "Contact Me" next to the incumbent "Home", but I've never been able to do that through the Dashboard Menu section settings. Still there's just Home there and every post I add is classified under Home.

First create the pages (not posts), then on the menu settings page you'll have a list of the pages created on the left. You only need to choose the ones you want and use the Add to Menu button.

My new menu doesn't show up unless I make it a Primary Menu, and then it replaces the default Home menu. As though only one menu is allowed.

Why does the dashboard say: "Your theme supports one menu. Select which menu you would like to use."

That's the correct behaviour. The menu is the whole bar, home is not a menu, but a menu item. You just need to add new menu items to the main menu.

Thank you for your helpful guidance on this thread. I've finally figured it out.

The lessons I've learned:

1. I used to go to Appearance --> Menus, while I had to go to Customize --> Menus
    2. I've also learned that several things such as Categories and Pages can become Menu Items.

Actually you can use also the Menu page from the Appearance menu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast