Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: email contact form doesn't seem to work

davetelling is offline Junior Member

Default email contact form doesn't seem to work

I added an email contact form widget to one of my website pages, and the email address I used was the one I normally use for correspondence. However, after testing the email contact form several times, none of the emails were delivered, and I looked in my spam and trash folders, in addition to my inbox. Am I missing soimething here?

Hello - anyone form customer service monitoring this forum? This is a serious issue - I need some help here!

Still waiting for some help here!

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

I don't see any contact form on your site. I suppose you removed it. Can you tell me from which provider is your e-mail address?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

You are correct, I removed the form, as there was no point to it. I was using a gmail address (davetelling@gmail.com). However, this morning I added email contact forms for @hotmail.com and @sbcglobal.net, and still was not able to send an email message through.
    Last edited by saitfainder; 11-17-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Removed full email address

Hotmail has sometimes very aggressive anti-spam policies and discards emails without any notice. We're always at work to avoid situations like these, but sometime it takes some days. In the meanwhile can you try some other free email provider like GMail?

I have tried hotmail, gmail, and sbcglobal - none of them seem to work. I looked in spam folders to see if the emails ended up there, but they were not.

Sorry, the problem was elsewhere. I regenerated your site pages. Now it should work well.

OK, thank you! It worked with gmail.

riojas15 is offline Junior Member

I am having trouble setting up an email notification. I am fairly new to working with the php mail() function, and suspect my settings are wrong. Can someone direct me to a How-To for setting up emails from a form submission? I am creating a football "SWAMI" website so our members can submit their picks, and I get emails from each submission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast