Thread: PHPBB - ACP-Genera Tab-Client Communication-Email Settings question

k3csg is offline Junior Member

Default PHPBB - ACP-Genera Tab-Client Communication-Email Settings question

I am not using SMTP for email. I am using the native "mail" function and when I send an email to my address, I do not get an error message after sending and I do not get an email delivered to my address. The message is not in my spam folder and I am sending to my alias at altervista.net. I have no problem sending/receiving an email to my alias via Thunderbird, so the alias is working. The email settings page shows the function as "mail." I am using Obscure Contact Us Extension on the board to contact the Administrator. Enable Board Wide Emails is enabled and Users Send Emails Via Board is enabled.

Email function name: mail
    The email function used to send mails through PHP.

What file handles the email request? Should there be a file called "mail" to handle the request? The mail function seems to be amiss. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

On AlterVista PHP scripts can't contact SMTP servers, you can send mail by using the PHP mail function or through external service like SendGrid.

With all due respect, did you read what I said? I said, "I am not using SMTP." I am using the native PHP mail function and the PHP mail function is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by k3csg View Post
    With all due respect, did you read what I said? I said, "I am not using SMTP." I am using the native PHP mail function and the PHP mail function is not working.
    Is that it? PHPBB Email function does not work. What do I need to do to get it to work using the php mail() function?

Quote Originally Posted by k3csg View Post
    Is that it? PHPBB Email function does not work. What do I need to do to get it to work using the php mail() function?
    Thanks for all your help. I figured it out on my own and the mail function works.