Thread: My email alias is not working!?

dedeco is offline Utente AlterGallery

Thumbs down My email alias is not working!?

Hello,

several minutes ago I have sent emails to my alias address, but none arrived until now! I am sure the emails were sent correctly because one of them are CC'ed to a friend that received it and answered! My account (which the alias is associated with) is normal, have no SPAM filter or blocking that could affect only these messages. I also sent two messages with higher priority to avoid some busy server possibility. Other messages arrived while I was doing all of this, but none sent to my alias address.

How can I have my alias working again? It worked before...

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

The 4 mails sent to your alias yesterday have all been successfully forwarded to your real mail box. So the problem is not directly related to Altervista.

You say you have no spam filter that could affect that messages, but did you checked your spam folder? it is also that your provider has discarded that messages because supposed to be spam?
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by saitfainder View Post
    The 4 mails sent to your alias yesterday have all been successfully forwarded to your real mail box. So the problem is not directly related to Altervista.

You say you have no spam filter that could affect that messages, but did you checked your spam folder? it is also that your provider has discarded that messages because supposed to be spam?
    Yes, I have checked the spam folder before making this post - and looked many more details, as I said. No message directed to my alias address is in the spam folder. Just others, real spam.

The provider discarding the messages is possible, but the chances of this being the case seems low. Low, unless the way the messages are treated and forwarded to the real address makes things that would make them look like 100% spam. But it worked before, and this is another reason that I did not consider this possibility - yet.

I may contact the provider asking about this. Is it be possible to ask Altervista for a copy of these messages to show them? Details that are present on server's log may also be useful. Information on how the messages are treated by Altervista's side before forwarding may be useful too. Or anything else that I don't know or have not thought about. Including these details on my contact with them make solving the problem much faster, direct.

saitfainder is offline AlterVista Staff

Altervista's mail forwarder does not make any change to an email. Only some header is added, but this kind of header is added by any server the message passes through.

We don't save messages we process, so I can't give you a copy. I can only give you this log row (i only replaced you email) where "status=sent" means that your provider's destination server has accepted the message. We can't say anything about what happens after that.

Code:
    Nov  3 15:45:31 f2 postfix/smtp[13409]: F0A17CC3A6: to=<youremail@domain>, relay=in1-smtp.messagingengine.com[66.111.4.73]:25, delay=2.1, delays=0.01/0/1.7/0.36, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 50CF73C03A9)
    The timestamp timezone is GMT+1.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."

Smile

This information is what I imagined, and (although for only one message) will be very useful. I assume the header changes made are not the kind that would make them classified as spam.

I'll contact my provider with this information. If necessary, I'll add another post here.

Thank you very much