Thread: DB Tables: in use

Default DB Tables: in use

About an hour ago some of the tables in my DB have "disappeared" and cannot be accessed. When I check with phpMyAdmin, I see some tables fine and some are marked 'In use' and cannot be accessed. What's happening?

See here:

Update:
    It looks like all of my tables were converted from InnoDB to MyISAM? When I try accessing some of the 'In use' tables, I get: #1286 - Unknown table engine 'InnoDB'

Update:
    From what I could figure out by now: INNODB support on my site was turned off all of a sudden, rendering all my tables suddenly corrupt. I cannot restore from backup (cause all the backup is InnoDB) and I cannot recover. This was done without notice or warning on a Friday night without any support expected for several days. What the hell? This is an extremely unprofessional move, Altervista. What kind of a business are you guys running? Even in the unlikely case I would be able to recover my lost DB tables from backup - data has been lost.

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

We checked your tables and found no issue with them, InnoDB support hasn't been deactivated.

There was no change in my tables cause I spent the weekend recovering from backup and filling in the lost data.
    Tables were all switched from InnoDB to MyISam. Why?

Gianluca is offline Administrator

evetools:

there is no reason we should have turned off innodb for your database, no manual operation was performed on it.
    Phpmyadmin may have shown a wrong engine when these tables were marked as "in use", this happened because you may have hit a mysql bug and while this issue is under investigation your website has been temporarily moved to another server