Thread: FTP Upload Problem

Default FTP Upload Problem

Hello everyone,

I manage a weather website here on Altervista since 4 years ago.

I have been using Alterpages and lately switched to Joomla.

My weather station software generates both .html and .jpg files, real-time updated, which via the same software get uploaded via FTP to my server. Now, since november at least, first in Alterpages and now in Joomla I'm having a problem with my images. While my .html files get uploaded and updated, the .jpg files display older images and are not up-to-date.

The files in my computer though are updated and the FTP also seems to be working just fine since the files will be uploaded if they're deleted from the server, but will still strangely show older ones. Sounds like a cache problem to me, but I have no idea how to solve it. Some screenshots attached if they may help.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, problem solved. It was apparently CloudFlare's cache causing it. Now the question is will I have to do this after every upload?

And considering the upload is scheduled every 10 minutes approximately, is it better to deactivate CloudFlare completely or is there another way to bypass this?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

You can tell CloudFlare what you don't want to be cached: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en...What-to-Cache-.

Thank you! Do I need to open an account at CloudFlare or can I proceed with my altervista account?

karl94 is offline AlterVista Staff

No, you mustn't create a new CloudFlare account. Just recover your password from CloudFlare using your mail alias (meteotirana at altervista dot org) as username.
    But I'd suggest you to use the header method.