Thread: Sopport activation Multisite on subdomain

elmundoarabe is offline Utente AlterBlog

Default Sopport activation Multisite on subdomain

Hello everybody,
    yesterday I tried to activate Multisite on my wordpress but it didn't worked
    1) I changed the configuration in wp-config to activate Multisite.. and it appeared in the tool the network configuration.
    2) I added in wp-config the configuration
    3) I changed the old wordpress configuration in htaccess for the new wordpress configuration.
    4) I cleaned the cache in my Webbrowser and I logged in again

But the Multisite menu in the drop down menu "Mysite" didn't appeared..
    Now, I don't know how it works on Altervista. Maybe Altervista didn't allow Multisite if somebody have only subdomain activated and not bought a domain..
    So, I saw that didn't work and restored the two files(wp-config and htaccess) and wanted to ask you.. thx for your help

Elmundoarabe.altervista.org

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

Hello, i just replied in the italian forum.

On AlterBlog it isn't possible to enable multisite, but you can have multiple accounts (=multiple blogs).

If you really need multisite, you can do it via original wordpress in an alterSite account (hosting).

Bye!

elmundoarabe is offline Utente AlterBlog

I guess, i need the hosting because i want that all user's from all Pages are on the same database.. because i want that is possibile that the user's can browse form one to other page but to be sure that every profile exist only one time.
    But my question is which bandwidth, space etc.. i have on the hosting? Or there i have the same service disponible ? Thx for answer

alemoppo is offline AlterVista Staff

On AlterSite (hosting) space is "limited": 3GB space and 30GB/month bandwidth, but you can upgrade this services.

Bye!