Thread: How do I disable Alterpages and PHPbb?

Question How do I disable Alterpages and PHPbb?

I chose to enable Alterpages out of curiosity, yet it completely messed up my homepage and stylesheet (most other pages were fine). I've removed any file content that I could find in the FTP, yet it still shows up in the applications on my dashboard, with no easy way to remove it. Is there a way I can remove it without formatting the server and loosing all my content (or going into the stress of backing the current content up)? Is there a way for me to somehow backup the FTP contents to my hard disk?
    Last edited by rjdg14; 10-26-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rjdg14 View Post
    I chose to enable Alterpages out of curiosity, yet it completely messed up my homepage and stylesheet (most other pages were fine). I've removed any file content that I could find in the FTP, yet it still shows up in the applications on my dashboard, with no easy way to remove it. Is there a way I can remove it without formatting the server and loosing all my content (or going into the stress of backing the current content up)? Is there a way for me to somehow backup the FTP contents to my hard disk?
    UPDATE: It seems that clicking on the "erase all data" in the AlterPages website settings does the trick - deleting them all only removes any affiliated pages, meaning that all of the website except the stylesheet or homepage is untouched. I'll just keep in mind for the future to do a weekly offline backup, since it can be done easily with a FTP client (your ID is simply your username and password).